View previous topic :: View next topic  
HristValkyr
Totem Spirit

re: Warcraft Logs Video

Here is a great video by Preach on Warcraft Logs.  It shows you how to use them and what to look for.  Also, he does a neat job of showing what effect enchants and potions/flasks really do have on your DPS.  It's certainly a lot more than I ever thought it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS5uvxyYw3Y

Definitely worth a watch, in my opinion.  Especially if you are new to reading the logs.

Tyraan
robkid
Elder

I'll second that.  As someone who has been using it for a couple of years, that's a really good introduction.  One feature he didn't mention was the ability to find other players of a similar ilvl completing the same content in roughly the same time and raid size.  If you don't have a ready-made comparison target, it can be a good way to find one, since comparing yourself to a world best might make it harder to find a couple of next steps to work on.  Hard for me to write up on a phone, but I'll try to add step by step instructions to pull that up when I get home.

Tyraan
robkid
Elder

To compare yourself to other players from similar fights:

• Select "Compare" in the upper right
  • In the section of the form labeled "search for parses similar to yours", select you and what you want to compare (e.g. damage, healing, or survivability)
  • Click Search to find players in similar fights
  • Right on the results you can see some comparison points (e.g. talents), and can click to open them to perform a more detailed analysis like Preach does in his video.

DemosthenesHPW
Kinfolk

Also worth noting that there are a few other awesome tools. Can't at work, but tonight or tomorrow night (probably tomorrow night), I'll do a quick write up on SimulationCraft and Pawn to help look for upgrades based on spec (though it is limited to DPS only). Finding it super handy as it's officially recommending that Mastery is high enough that more is basically a waste as it'll just proc Stormstrike TOO much to be useful now, so it's pushing me more into Haste instead (which has led to my DPS going up about 10k with 2 side grades over the last week.

Alas, you shall die.
HristValkyr
Totem Spirit

To save you some time, Demo, this is the video I used to learn about SimCraft/Pawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPvjkW0ZkxM

Also, I want to clarify to everyone in case it isn't clear.  I'm simply posting these because they helped me out.  I don't want anyone to feel like they are required to do this.  If you have another way that works for you, that's awesome.  I'm just trying to help people who might be interested in improving but aren't sure how/where to start.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Wyrmfoe Forum Index -> TBD Raid Team All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: