View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
psyeye
Guild Master

re: TBD and Legion

Greetings,

The new patch is forthcoming and many exciting changes are afoot!

For long time TBD members, this post will read somewhat familiar to earlier expansion posts.  Basically, TBD is looking to lockdown the raid team.

I am presuming that there are two groups interested in this post with one group representing the existing team members.  To you I ask whether we need (or want) to reconsider raid days and times.  I'm open to suggestions.  Feel free to email me in game or leave a message here.  In prior years I posted a survey.  I got slightly more than a handful of responses to such so I'm skipping a survey this year.  If Sunday and Monday from 2200 to 2400 Eastern is not do-able to core team members we can discuss alternatives.

Regarding new members.  Always happy to have new members.  Only real criteria is the ability to consistently raid, a commitment to do what can be done to be "raid ready", and the oh-so-important "goodness of fit."  Basically, if we can get along well as a group and you do what needs to be done, you're likely to be a raider.  I'll take any and all requests for new team members via in game email or just whisper me in game or grab me in vent.

Team composition:

Presuming I have not been fired from my OT role, I'll be the OT.  I'd appreciate if Hrist serves as MT but I have been out of the loop for six weeks so no idea if he decided whether he wants to be a healer.  I will need back-up tanks.  The situation at home, for those that I have been in touch with, is not necessarily fluid but there may be days that I can't participate.  I would like to have one or more alternatives for the raid team.  Feel free to message, in-game email me, or post here if you'd like to be considered as a tank.

We will need a dedicated group of healers, and a back-up group as need be.  Feel free to post your preferences here.

DPS.  We love you, we need you, we need to know who you are.  Feel free to post here or in-game message.

At some point I will update this post with who is doing what, and who will serve as back-up for those days where life happens.

That is what I have for now.  Look forward to kicking ass and chewing bubblegum.

Anna/Adam

HristValkyr
Totem Spirit

Current times are fine.

I don't mind being MT, although I find more and more that role means little as in most boss fights both tanks do the same things.

Tyraan
robkid
Elder

Yeah, the MT/OT distinction largely died in late Wrath, IMO.

As far as times go, I wouldn't be opposed to slightly earlier times if that worked for everyone, but the current times are okay.  I know in the past I was one of the people that preferred the later time we're currently at, but as my kids have grown it's less of an issue.  I can be relatively flexible on dates too, though I recall the last time we surveyed on dates...

As far as roles, I think at this point I've largely soured on Windwalker, and the changes they're making don't fit me very well, at least not from my testing on the PTR.  I do like the new Mistweaver quite a bit, but I know we have a lot of people that want to heal so I'm nervous about being on a healer where I don't like a dps spec.  At present, my inclination is to switch to my shaman, since I like all three specs (at least as they play on the PTR).  I'd like to heal, but realize we have a lot of healers and I don't mind dps-ing, so I can be flexible.

As far as backup tanking goes, obviously I know I can tank, but I have spent zero time with any of the tanking specs on the PTR.  For the tanking classes and what I know of their other specs, I like the way Fury and Frost feel now (I was thinking of my DK as my second class as my shaman is dual-crafter and my DK is dual-gatherer).  I don't care as much for the druid DPS specs personally.  Maybe I'll play around with the tanking specs after Tuesday and see how they feel to me.  I'm happy to play that role, but not sure how likely I'll be to find one class that works for me to handle both tanking and what I'd be doing normally.  I'll see how things feel on Tuesday.

aerix88
Ragabash

I would prefer earlier raid times, as my new work schedule currently has my alarm going off at 6:20 am. That being said, if I'm in the minourity, then I'll be happy to give it a go and see if I can manage the current times. 

I'm happy to be rDPS as in the past, likely still on my hunter since that seems to be what I'm best at. I won't be re-subbing tomorrow, but likely a few days before invasions start (if we get any head's up) or when they start (if we don't). I figure that should be enough time for me to re-learn BM or Marks (still not sure which I want to be in Legion, though leaning towards Marks).

Im in if you still will have me. still should be a hunter if all goes well.  I will not be Surv that is for sure so either BM which Im leaning towards or MM. 

Battle

Zap-Tribbles
Elder

Healer please!  I'll be playing Tribbles - Resto Druid.  I'm going to see which of the alternate specs I like the best and go with it, but if we need back up tanks, I've heard good things about Guardian, so I'll give it a try first :)

-Tribbles/Crislyn

Bluebart
Kinfolk

I'd like to continue tanking. Having switched from DPS, I really don't want to go back. I really enjoyed tanking HFC progression and I think I did it well and consistently. I also liked tanking all the weekly mythic dungeons runs with TBD folks for valor. 

As for raid times, I'd also prefer a 9pm (Eastern) raid time versus our current 10pm (Eastern). The current Sunday, Monday schedule is fine though I'd have no problem with other days. 

sasquatch27
Ragabash

Rogue rogue rogue rogue rogue no problems with days/time rogue rogue rogue rogue.

Gudryn
Harano

I'll probably play hunter, but willing to try something else if the team needs it (I did see a demo lock running around with 5 pets the other day). Sunday and Monday work great for me.  Earlier times would be nice - 9 pm or even 9:30 pm eastern but I know we have folks in all time zones.  Also Hokie's application to the forum is pending. ;)

Bramman
Kinfolk

I'll be back as a DPS, most likely Bramman.  Beast Mastery felt pretty natural right away, still figuring out MM and Survival.  I'll also be leveling up my druid as Feral so if I don't like how hunters play that's my backup.  I'd prefer an hour earlier start time (9EST).

Minibella
Elder

I want to keep dpsing and sub-tanking when absolutely needed:D

Tyraan
robkid
Elder

So after playing through a fair number of dungeons, I've made a realization.  When I heal as a holy priest, I can get the job done and it's enjoyable.  When I switch to Disc, I have a lot of fun, even though I'm still getting used to the new spec.  Haven't done as much Mistweaver, but it's enjoyable as well.

When I heal as a resto shaman, I finish the dungeon giddy from having so much fun.

I can't put my finger on what does it for me, but I just find resto shaman a ton of fun.  Hopefully there's enough space for me to heal, though I do enjoy all three shaman specs a lot.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone's still thinking through what they want to do, I actually found Preacher's two videos on his own selection criteria really interesting.  He goes over a lot of good questions to ask yourself along with the potentially obvious observation that you need to understand what motivates you and then select accordingly, since you spend so much time playing whatever you pick as a main.

Frostymug?
Elder

I have been playing around a bit with my mage and shaman but have not made a decision on what I will roll into Legion with.  I have serious issues with the artifact system making me feel like I won't be able to switch specs or classes after about 3 days into the xpac, which leads to analysis paralysis.

Are there any plans to get the gang back together for some HFC smashing pre-launch to get more feeling of how things feel in an actual raid?

Tyraan
robkid
Elder

I'd be happy to do that Frosty, though I don't know of any existing plans.  I've also found that Timewalker is decent, since you actually have to work a bit.  Getting folks together for Mythics might be good too.

aerix88
Ragabash

I did Timewalking dungeons and LFR for practice. While I know LFR isn't a very good indicator, and can sometimes (often?) be a pain in the butt, I found it really good for practice, since it was more relaxed to focus on the rotation, and not as big a deal if you messed up.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: